Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Slow Start

Many of you may know by now that my labor kicked in last night, but it's been very slow going. Though the contractions are 4-5 minutes apart, the pain is not very intense and I've been able to carry on with normal life. I'm planning to take a bath and try to get a good night's sleep, hoping that the baby just wanted to hang out in there a little longer before making its appearance.

On a sad note, we found out late last night that Ryan's grandfather, J Artley Leatherman, passed away at a hospital in Elkhart, IN. We will miss him, but are very grateful that Stephen was able to meet him on several occasions. The funeral will be on Monday and we hope to be able to attend with our new little one.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Good luck with the labor, Lisa! We will be out of town for the next four days so I'll probably miss the big event. But I'll be sure to welcome the new arrival when we return.

I am very sorry to hear about Ryan's grandfather. Please give Ryan our regards.

You'll be in our thoughts and we'll be sending you smooth and positive birth vibes :))

Hugs,
Susan