Saturday, April 19, 2008

Grandmas and grandpas galore

My parents have been waiting for a call to come because I'm in labor ... when that still hadn't happened by Thursday, they decided to pay us a visit anyway. They came down Friday morning and we had a great time playing with Stephen and his trucks. They also took him to the park so he could go down the slide (shide) again and again and again.

Then late last night, Ryan's parents rolled into town for the weekend. They didn't make it before Stephen's bedtime, but Ryan and I got to chat with them for awhile before they headed to the hotel. Then this morning we enjoyed a breakfast at Jim Gould and Susan and I went to a Pampered Chef party. Ryan has been working and practicing the rest of the afternoon and evening, but Dave and Susan and I took Stephen out for pizza and to the mall to get some new sandals (size 8.5 feet!) for the summer. We had a bit of ice cream at Baskin Robbins before heading home for bedtime. It's been a great day - and I even got to take a nap!

Although we've been ready for the baby to be born for awhile now, it's been nice to enjoy more time with just Stephen. He is doing great at going with the flow ... I hope that keeps being the case!

1 comment:

Susan said...

When I checked your blog all I saw at first were the words, "I'm in labor" and I got really excited and shrieked a little bit. Then I read the whole thing ;)) Funny. It sounds like you are doing fine, although I'm sure you are more than ready to give birth at this point. Maybe having all the grandparents around will help it along. It was great to see you last Sunday (and then again on Tuesday). Take care...

Susan