Sunday, April 13, 2008

Not My Whole Brain ... but a lot is in the binder

So I now feel more mentally ready to have this baby. I've been wanting to put together a binder that contains some basic info about how things run around here. Just the basics, like washing a load of cloth diapers, important phone numbers, making pizza crust ... and a friend came home from a conference with an idea: "Mommy's Brain-in-a-Binder." I've been working on in a little every day for the past week or so, and I think it's finally at a usable point. I haven't even showed it to Ryan yet, but he knows I've been organizing something ... he should be home by 3 a.m. and maybe I'll get up and show him. Then again maybe I won't. I hope it's something that can help us manage day-to-day life around here, especially with the new addition coming soon.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That reminds me a lot of the flylady's control journal:
http://www.flylady.net/pages/cjmain.asp

I have found it helpful to have everything in one place...but I still suck at making the routine happen (I'm more likely to follow my kids' lead, instead of forcing a specific routine--but it's nice to have an "order" to do things in and on what days--but that's just me).

I hope it works for you!

Best wishes on the upcoming labor/delivery!